Android Course in London
This practical four-day course covers application development for Android devices.
The first day provides an introduction to object-oriented programming in Java,
concentrating on topics that are relevant to Android. During the following three days,
a number of Android applications are assembled. Theory is combined with practical exercises,
deploying monitoring and debugging the applications on real and virtual devices.
We have been training Developers Since 1999. Call us today to discuss how we can train your staff to build & maintain Android applications View Course Outline.
We have been training Developers Since 1999. Call us today to discuss how we can train your staff to build & maintain Android apps.
Telephone 0118 966 4994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundamentals of Java programming, as appropriate for Android
- Android architecture, application components, resources and the manifest
- User interfaces and the life cycle of an Activity
- Using fragments to optimise the UI for different device types
- Persisting data using the file system and the SQLite database
- Networking, web services and asynchronous tasks
- Using Content Providers to share data between apps
- Background Services and Broadcast Receivers
- Drawing shapes and images
Application developers who want to develop and deploy robust apps for the Android platform
An introduction to Java is included on day one; previous use of a programming language such as Java, C#, C++, PHP or VB is recommended
|Originally a Civil Engineer with a BSc from London University the course instructor, Simon Dineen, has 20 years' experience in Java training and development.|
Absolutely excellent, fast-paced but that’s what I was hoping for. Good selection of topics.
Trainer was approachable and very knowledgeable. I appreciated the time and patience given to me as I was the slowest on the course.
I enjoyed the fast pace of the course. It’s given me the concepts which I now need to improve through practice.
Really enjoyable. Would recommend. Thanks
Fantastic introduction; so much information covered in one week.
It was highly intensive but easy to follow
Just wanted to say thanks for the course last week. I got a huge amount out of it. I really liked the way you built up the different components/apps over the week.